Monday, June 30

Who knew?

So I was checking out Expedia.com this morning for last-minute deals for this weekend. Since we have a 3-day weekend thanks to our country's birthday, I thought, lets try something other than going down the shore or going fishing.

I figured I'd take my chances and see what was available for a great price locally. None of the "featured" locales were good - either too far, or too expensive, or they required a plane ticket, which wasn't on the agenda. So I decided to look through the "See more last minute deals in:" window to see if anything looked interesting.

London, NYC, Madrid, Orlando, Washington DC....and JERSEY CITY, NJ?????

REALLY?

So I had to look. I mean, its like a car accident. You don't want to look, but you have to!

Now, I've been a NJ resident for a majority of my life (minus that brief stint in FL). But never did I know Jersey City is a "destination" for anything other than, well, undesirables. I mean, do they even have anything other than hourly-rate motels?

I guess according to Expedia - yes!

Jersey City?? REALLY?

Who knew!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't that the place that really smells?

Claudia said...

No, that would be Elizabeth.

Close though.