Thursday, June 26

GO ME!

Well, I have to pat myself on the back. Little Miss I Don't Cook actually made a pretty good (in my opinion) and healthy dinner last night!

Inspired by Veggie Terrain, I actually made a variation of the Edamame & Black Bean Summer Salad.

My boyfriend wasn't too hungry, and I quite honestly, wanted something different than the run of the mill salad I've practically lived on. So we scoped out the salad above and decided that if we got rid of the cilantro (his kryptonite), it might be pretty good. I also added chick peas and black olives (YUM!) and can I tell you? IT WAS FABU!! I'll be honest and admit I forgot to add the scallions and didn't wait for the 2 hours for it to chill, but I'm not a big fan of cold corn, so really, it worked out!

I made 2 little bowls for us with a side of fresh French bread and water crackers and let me tell you, I was way proud of what ended up being a pretty healthy meal. And quite tasty too!

Sorry no photos - maybe I'll post some later if I remember to take them!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so proud... [tear]

jd said...

Yay!

I'm glad you liked the salad. I'll definitely have to try it with your additions - chickpeas & black olives make everything taste better :)