Monday, October 18

Day 11

First goal: lose 5% of my current body weight
Overall goal: lose 40 pounds
Current status: not sure

--------------

Well, yesterday, my weight dropped below that magic number I never want to be over again. This morning, it was back over it. Now I know I can't micro manage my weight loss. Its only natural to bobble a pound or two given even the time of day...

BUT it was also a wake up call.

You see, this weekend, I was so busy doing stuff at home and running around here and there, that I didn't eat much. And so obviously, when I weighed myself with NO food in me (even though it wasn't on purpose), I seemed to have lost a lot. But when I ate - even eating breakfast today - I gained. A lot? No. And I'm still below my last official weigh-in from last week, so I'm happy.

Basically, this reminds me that while I can't eat like its going out of style, I also have to remember to eat.

I keep good food in the house now - BONUS. So mid way through my Saturday when I'm running around cleaning like a fiend, I need to remind myself to STOP and eat. Even just some carrots or an apple.

I don't need a 4 course lunch - but I do need A lunch!

So today I was better.... I had my cereal for breakfast, and had carrots and apples throughout the day. I didn't have lunch since again, I was so busy @ work, but I did have a half of a sandwich and half a soup (a cup vs a bowl I guess?) and that filled me nicely. Not stuffed, but satisfied.

I think this whole Weight Watchers thing has taught me (so far) to eat to keep me going and NOT because I'm bored or its something to do. And today, I caught myself reaching for the carrots and simultaneously taking a deep breath (that deep breath when you're full).... I promptly closed the lid and put them aside. Was I hungry? No. Was I bored? Heck yeah.

The trick is to not eat when you're bored.

I'm learning....slowly!

So we'll see....Wednesday AM is my next weigh-in. We'll see how it goes! :)

No comments: