Thursday, October 7

Day 1

First goal: lose 5% of my current body weight
Overall goal: lose 40 pounds
Current status: @ starting weight

-------

I decided to start Weight Watchers late last night. Actually, I've been toying with doing it and not doing it for a while... But there were always excuses and reasons why not to. Finally, last night, enough was enough....so I signed up online and am going to try it for the next month.....

I figure since I hardly ever write on here anymore, but I'm always keeping a journal of this-that-and-the other thing...that I might as well use this space to start keeping a journal of how I'm doing on WW.

I think my biggest fears are the anxiety of eating. I don't like how I feel/look, so I've tried to eat better or less, but what tastes good to me is always fried, cheesy, and salty. So I turn to those when I don't feel good about myself, but those exact things are what contributed to how I am now!!

So today, Anthony and I were meeting up @ The Fireplace - our usual bad-for-you lunch place. As Nicole put it, that place is a landmine of WW badness!!! So I had the pre-lunch anxieties of OMG what do I eat!

I decided to eat baby carrots before going (0 points) and then planned to order the kid's chicken nuggets figuring that portion would be smaller and I could have my bad food but not have a lot of it....

Simple enough, right??

Well, when I got my food, I found out why kids are so overweight today. The "kids" meal was actually 2 nugget style fillets slightly bigger than the palm of my hand. And, thanks to my handy-dandy WW app, I know the palm of my hand is approx. 3 oz, so each was 4oz (for a whopping 8.5 points). I also had some of the fries it came with but Anthony ate probably about 1/4 of those, so I did my tracker app thingie and guessed that was 4.5 pts. Add to that the MM pink lemonade (2pts) I had (and haven't finished) that's a crazy 15 points for lunch!

BUT

Before I even ate, I went to the counter and got a to-go box. I didn't want to eat BOTH chicken fillets, so I took one and put one in that to-go box for another time - or to chop up and put in a salad tomorrow maybe. Point is, I removed half of the problem - otherwise, I'd have been over in points today!

Bad part is I only have 6.5 points for tonight where we're going to an Oktoberfest party. BUT, I still have my 35 "anytime" points which I guess I can borrow against since neither Anthony or I know what's on the menu tonight.... But I'll just stay under control as best I can tonight and that's all I can do.

At least I know for next week when we meet @ The Fireplace to either get the not-a-nuggets OR to do something else. But now I know it was a BAD lunch.... And since I haven't had even 1/4 of my drink, the little bit of ketchup I had w/ everything (I made a point not to DOUSE as usual, I dipped lightly into ketchup on a separate plate), I figure that could be rolled up into the 2pts for the drink too. I probably won't finish the drink.....

I guess the whole point is that I survived! I tried to make decisions ahead of time to counteract my lunch badness as best as possible. Looking back, if I hadn't have had the carrots, I'd totally have still been hungry for the other chicken half. But what I ate filled me, so I didn't keep eating. AND if I get hungry later today, I have green peppers (another 0 points) so that should hold me over until dinner.

Poor Nicole has had to endure a plethora of WW questions up till now and I can't appreciate her help enough. She's inspired me because she's lost a lot of weight on WW (and is still going!!), so if she can do it, I can do it! Or I'm going to try at least!! :) I know the first week or two are going to be tough, but when I get the hang of it and get past the mental block of "omg what can I eat", I'll be fine.... It's just going to take time.

First goal to work towards and hit: lose 5% of my current body weight.

Here I come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're going to do great! Try is a powerless word. You are going to DO it... and do it well! Education and knowledge are key and planning helps (thank you carrots!). It gets easier - I promise.