Thursday, February 21

THIS is why I love my camera!

For those of you who might have been under a rock or out of the solar system last night, it might be news that those of us in North America experienced a total lunar eclipse last night. (A little bit of trivia: its the last one we'll experience here until 2010)

This gave me the opportunity to pull out my new camera, my favorite tripod, and my wooley mittens and go stand outside and freeze my tookus off in hopes of getting "THE" shot! Well, after a bumpy start with my camera (over exposure, blurriness, etc), I finally got the hang of it and here are the fruits of my (very cold) labor:


For those of you with very good eyesight, please notice the white dot in the last photo just to the left of the moon....that's Saturn!! How cool!

Anyhoo - its the morning after and I'm just basking in my photographic rewards. I'm not professional, but this was my first photographed lunar eclipse, and I'm just giddy!!

Now if only I could finish thawing out!

No comments: